Kahrizak Detention Facility has now been closed or is going to be closed for “not meeting standards”.
Thanks. But just a few questions:
1. What does “nonstandard” mean? What’s been going on in there?
2. Who was running this place?
3. What will happen to him (or them)? What sort of treatment are they going to get?
4. Who’s going to give back the lost rights of those who were locked in there?
5. Why now? Hasn’t anyone known of that place until now?
6. Is Kahrizak the only “nonstandard” place?
7. For forty days, the prisoners have been cooped up in that place, their basic rights have been trampled, and from what we’ve heard, they have been tortured. Is this the work of “mentally stable” people?
8. Would you consider the martyrdom of our children in prisons “standard”?
9. Would you consider the treatment prisoners in other prisons are receiving “standard”?
10. Would you consider a clueless judiciary and even intelligence ministry “standard”?
11. Would you consider the brutal treatment of protesters in this city “standard”?
12. Considering that the protests were peaceful, would the great number of deaths be considered “standard”?
13. Would you consider the lies told by the likes of Firouzabadi [the chief of the Supreme Command Council of the Armed Forces pictured above with Ahmadinejad] and others who claim not one bullet was shot “standard”?
14. Would the treatment Hajjarian is getting be in tune with the lowest of human standards?
15. Would you consider the extreme pressures put on the grieving families and the money they are forced to pay for the bodies “standard”?
16. Are the beating batons standard?
17. Are such great number of protesters in prison “standard”?
18. Would the brutal torture prisoners in other prisons have had to go through be considered “standard”?
19. Are the lies we’re hearing these days be considered “standard”?
If this is legitimate, standard governance, than what is the nonstandard kind? I can not believe this. I had slightly believed in their lack of conscience or scruples or kindness, but I never imagined it would be of this proportion. I never wanted to see even my worst enemy this vulgar, violent and far from any human standard. I wish this was only but a dream. I wish this was only but a nightmare. I just wish that those who blindly follow this crowd will open their eyes. I wish there was good judgment at play here. I wish …